Region(s) South Dublin, West Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow
- Company: Rachel Doogue Coaching Ltd
- Telephone:087 9883219
Qualifications and Affiliations
Diploma in Executive & Leadership Coaching (TCMP); Certified Mindfulness Trainer with The Mindfulness Exchange, an offshoot of the Oxford University’s Department of Psychiatry; MSc in Guidance & Counselling (DCU); Post-graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy (IICP); Post-graduate Diploma in Theological Studies (NUI Maynooth);Post-graduate Diploma in Education (TCD); Certification in Occupational Personality and Occupational Ability (British Psychological Society); BComm International (UCD).
Certified in a range of psychometric tools with individuals and teams, including the Emotional Capital Report (ECR), Belbin Team Roles, Enneagram and MBTI etc.
Affiliations: Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC), member of the Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP).
Experience in one to one coaching
For over fifteen years, Patrick has provided coaching, team coaching, training and leadership consulting to companies such as Google, Accenture, Microsoft, LEGO, AIB, Unilever and Salesforce, in Ireland, Europe and the US. In addition, from his time as a teacher, SPHE Coordinator, Assistant Pastoral Coordinator and Guidance Counsellor at post-primary school level in Dublin, he has first-hand understanding of the nuanced role and responsibilities of school leaders within an Irish context.
While working with school leaders, Patrick seeks to help them:
• Be relationship oriented, self-reflective and authentic in how they lead
• Focus on building trust and intrapersonal resilience
• Facilitate leadership conversations that result in leaders and their teams taking more responsibility for their behaviours and how they lead together
• Have a clear focus on connecting with deeper purpose, both individually and within the school community
• Embrace the interconnected complexities of school leadership, where the focus is on understanding patterns rather than ‘fixing problems’ or finding over-simplistic solutions
A common area of coaching focus for Patrick is that of leadership transitions, from new leaders (the first 100 days to 1 year) to helping experienced leaders transition into a new role while identifying, and often mentoring, the next generation of leaders.
Navigating the challenges of an increasingly VUCCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, chaotic and ambiguous) environment, Patrick helps school leaders to focus on their values, identity, leadership style and personal purpose. With this insight, they can draw deeply from their inner resources and provide the sense of stability and trust that will most benefit their school leadership team, wider staff and student community.
Much of Patrick’s coaching draws on his work as a psychotherapist and mindfulness trainer, where he helps leaders reflect on their own resilience; the resources they have and their ongoing needs for self-care.