Qualifications and Affiliations
BSc Psychology (Hons) (Queens University Belfast)
MSc Psychology (Occupational) (University of Wales College of Cardiff)
Postgraduate Certificate in Executive Coaching (Strathclyde University)
Postgraduate Diploma in Coaching Supervision (Coaching Supervision Academy, London)
Faculty – Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC) Ireland and N Ireland; Head of AoEC in Ireland
Accredited Executive Coach (Association for Coaching)
Member: Special Group in Coaching Psychology, British Psychological Society
Certified User of various psychometrics e.g. the Myers Briggs Type Indicator; Real-ise2 (Strengths Profile/Positive Psychology); Hogan Series; FIRO Elements; Denison Culture Survey and Leadership 360
Transactional Analysis (10 years of study and practice)
Outdoors Intelligence – using Nature in coaching
Experience in one to one coaching
I have been privileged to be an Executive Coach to leaders from all walks of life, for 20 years. I have been coaching Principals through CSL since the inception of the coaching scheme in 2017.
Originally from Belfast, I lived and worked in London and Scotland, in the field of leadership development and skills training, for many years, before returning to Ireland a few years ago.
I started coaching in the late 1990’s when I worked as an organisational psychologist in the Scottish Prison Service. Since then, coaching clients have included CEO’s, Directors, and leaders in different fields from SME’s to global corporations, public sector and not-for-profit. I also train others to be coaches and have trained many managers to adopt coaching as part of their managerial style.
• School Principals in Cork and Kerry
• Universities e.g. UCD, Queens University Belfast
• Government, Semi-States and Agencies e.g. Ervia, various Health Services and Social Work Services, National Museums of Scotland, UK Foreign Office, Scottish Government
• Local Government e.g. N Ayrshire, City of Armagh
• Energy: e.g. Ervia, SSE Airtricity, EirGrid, Wood Group
• Technology: e.g. Wolfson Microelectronics
I receive feedback, that I am a great listener, and that I create a very safe space for leaders to share what is truly troubling them. I believe that humour and some levity is important in coaching! I understand the pressures on managers and leaders in today’s organisations, and help them make sense of competing priorities, and seemingly unsolvable, intractable problems.
With Principals I have found we work a lot on the following topics:
• Leading change
• Resilience as a leader/coping with stress (‘self-care’)
• Authentic leadership and Presence
• Managing people and leading teams
• Conflict and difficult conversations
• Emotional Intelligence and understanding different personality types
I look forward to meeting you!