What is the CSL Coaching Service?
CSL Coaching is a confidential, one to one personal service which is now available for all school principals. Coaching is a particularly powerful tool and one that has proven to be a highly effective way of developing individual and organisational performance by unlocking potential and capability. Coaching is well established as a leadership development service in large organisations and in industry to date. This is the first time that Irish school leaders will experience coaching for themselves.
Why access Coaching?
The Department of Education and Skills, IPPN, NAPD and the Centre for School Leadership recognise how challenging school leadership is in today’s world and know that there are constant demands in this job. School Principals can avail of this confidential, one to one service to address challenges which they face, difficulties they might be experiencing or goals that they might wish to achieve.
How Coaching can benefit you?
By engaging in coaching school leaders will gain the following benefits:
- Enhance your capacity to work in a changing environment
- Increase your ability to priortise and manage demands
- Renew your enthusiasm for the job
- Enable you to manage change more successfully
- Assist you in creating a coaching culture in your school
- Provide time and space for you to reflect
Link to edutopia article on the power of coaching for the school Community https://www.edutopia.org/blog/coaching-impact-teachers-principals-students-elena-aguilar
Link to an article (Q&A re executive coaching) by Fiona Eldridge on the coaching and mentoring network http://www.coachingnetwork.org.uk/information-portal/Articles/ViewArticle.asp?artId=90
A principal’s perspective on coaching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DlRYP3OVuI
How does this Coaching service work?
The Principal will be able to meet their chosen coach for a chemistry check. If the Principal is satisfied, then there will be a 6 more meetings over approximately a one year period. A final review meeting is held in 6months after the last meeting. Meetings will normally last 90 minutes and will be held in an agreed location.
How do I access the service?
There will be 400 coaching places for school principals. There are 40 CSL coaches in 6 different regions around the country.
Principals can choose to attend a coach in any of the regions listed below. Principals should select their preferred region and browse the biographies of the coaches available in the region. Contact can then be made with the selected coach via the contact details on the coach’s page. In most cases the contact details refer to a coaching company. The coaching company will arrange the chemistry meeting between the Principal and the Coach.
The regions are:
- Dublin North, Louth, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan - Baile Átha Cliath Thuaidh agus Lú, An Mhí, An Cabhán, Muineachán
- Dublin South, Kildare, Wicklow - Baile Átha Cliath Theas agus Cill Dara, Cill Mhantáin
- Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford - Ceatharlach, Cill Chainnigh, Tiobraid Árann, Port Láirge, Loch Garman
- Cork, Limerick, Kerry - Corcaigh, Luimneach agus Ciarraí
- Galway, Clare, Laois, Offaly, Westmeath - Gaillimh, An Clár, Laois, Uíbh Fhailí, An Iarmhí
- Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Longford, Mayo, Roscommon - Dún na nGall, Sligeach, Liatrom, Longfort, Maigh Eo, Ros Comáin
Dublin North, Louth, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan - Baile Átha Cliath Thuaidh agus Lú, An Mhí, An Cabhán, Muineachán
Dublin South, Kildare, Wicklow - Baile Átha Cliath Theas agus Cill Dara, Cill Mhantáin
Carlow, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Waterford, Wexford - Ceatharlach, Cill Chainnigh, Tiobraid Árann, Port Láirge, Loch Garman
Cork, Limerick, Kerry - Corcaigh, Luimneach agus Ciarraí